楼主
sphinx2 发表于 2010-6-30 15:36:59
本帖最后由 sphinx2 于 2010-6-30 15:38 编辑

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/1078594/chinese-student-killer-gets-life
Chinese student's killer jailed for life
15:17 AEST Wed Jun 30 2010

By Patrick Caruana
Jun 30, 2010
The Tasmanian man who murdered a Chinese student in Hobart has been sentenced to life in prison.
StavrosPapadopoulos, 22, pleaded guilty to murdering Zhang "Tina" Yu, anaccounting student, at his apartment in the Hobart suburb of New Townon June 25 last year.
In the Tasmanian Supreme Court onWednesday, Justice David Porter sentenced Papadopoulos to life inprison, with a minimum non-parole period of 25 years.
Justice Porter said "little, if anything" had been put forward to explain Papadopoulos' behaviour.
"This was a brutal and terrible killing of a complete stranger," he said.
"It was done with forethought and for the sake or thrill of doing it."
Dressedin a black suit and grey shirt, Papadopoulos rolled his eyes, shook hishead and smiled as Justice Porter went over the details of his crime.
His co-accused, Daniel Jo Williams, also 22, pleaded not guilty to the murder but was found guilty of manslaughter.
Justice Porter sentenced Williams to 10 years' imprisonment, with a non-parole period of six years.
Thejudge said Williams, who said he smoked cannabis as Ms Yu was beingbashed and killed, had shown a "complete and incomprehensible lack ofempathy for his victim".
He said Williams had acted out of fear to some extent but "had an ample opportunity to escape and raise the alarm".
Papadopoulosadmitted using a concrete brick to bludgeon the 27-year-old Universityof Tasmania student before strangling her and drowning her.
Her body was dumped in the Tyenna River, 60km west of Hobart.
Inan interview with police after the death, Papadopoulos said he thoughtYu was a prostitute and had tried to initiate sex with him.
"I was saying no. I'm in a two-year committed relationship," Papadopoulos told police.
He told police Ms Yu "pretty much drowned herself".
In a second police interview, Papadopoulos said Ms Yu's actions had contributed to her death.
"I'm saying whose fault is it? Every girl knows not to jump in strangers' cars," Papadopoulos said.
"I'm saying if I wasn't pushed to the point where I was pushed, it would not have happened."
Earlier on the night of the murder, Williams said Papadopoulos told him he wanted to "kill and rape a bitch".
The earliest Papadopoulos will be eligible for parole  will be 2034, while Williams could be released as soon as June 2015.
收藏收藏 分享分享
沙发
AV4sale 发表于 2010-6-30 15:41:21
大家注意人身安全
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖 搜索
〓 服务信息 | 推荐服务 〓

Copyright @ 2017 OZYOYO.com. All rights reserved.

分享本页

客服号

公众号